For the third year in a row, LS Retail was named one of Iceland's Exemplary Companies of the Year.
This prestigious award is assigned based on employee feedback, following a yearly nation-wide working environment survey. In the survey, which is managed by workers’ union VR, employees are asked to rate their workplace on nine factors:
- Management: is the workplace well managed? Do you trust your superiors?
- Remuneration: are employees satisfied with their salaries?
- Work situation: how are the safety measures, technology, lighting conditions, food and coffee facilities, etc.?
- Flexibility: is there a healthy work-life balance?
- Job independence: are employees empowered to take initiative?
- Company image: what is the external perception of the company?
- Satisfaction and pride: are employees proud of their workplace? Do they feel good at work?
- Equality: does everyone have equal opportunities, regardless of age, gender, origin, sexual orientation, beliefs?
In 2021, 114 companies took part in the survey. LS Retail was named Company of the Year in the category “large companies”, where it received the highest scores of all contestants.
LS Retail received the highest scores of the year for two factors, employees’ morale and company image (both scored 4,74 out of 5). We also achieved the highest rating among large companies for our work conditions, scoring 4,72 versus the category average of 4,08.
“This award means a lot to us, because it acknowledges the spirit of our company,” says Bergthora Hrund Olafsdottir, Chief HR Officer at LS Retail. “I am constantly impressed by my coworkers. They are highly professional and ambitious, but they also have a strong team spirit. We work as one, and a person’s or team’s achievements are celebrated by everyone. This award crowns our collective success in making LS Retail a workplace where we all just enjoy working.”
More information (in Icelandic) at: https://www.vr.is/kannanir/fyrirtaeki-arsins-2021/