For the second year in a row, LS Retail is one of Iceland's Exemplary Companies of the Year. This is an employee-assigned award following the largest working environment survey in the country.
Employees in each company are asked to rate their workplace with a grade between one and five on nine different factors:
- Management: is the workplace well managed and trustworthy?
- Remuneration: are employees satisfied with their salaries?
- Work situation: safety, technology, lights, noise, food and coffee facilities, etc.
- Flexibility: scope for vacation, retirement, and work-life balance.
- Job independence: ability to take initiative, perspective, goals and self-confidence.
- Company image: external perception about the company.
- Satisfaction and pride: are employees proud of their workplace and do they feel good at work?
- Equality: does everyone have equal opportunities, regardless of age, gender, origin, sexual orientation, beliefs?
In 2020, 130 companies took part in the survey to determine the winners. Fifteen of them, the top five companies in each size category (large companies, medium-sized companies and small companies), received the title.
Compared to 2019, LS Retail improved its scores in eight of nine categories analyzed. The final score of 4.51, the highest overall score in the entire “large companies” category group.
“We are very proud of this award, because it’s assigned by the people that matter the most – the LS Retail team,” says Bergthora Hrund Olafsdottir, Chief HR Officer at LS Retail. “We believe in creating a positive work environment, where ideas flow and people can thrive. This award is an official acknowledgement of our collective success in creating an exemplary workplace.”
More information (in Icelandic) at: https://www.vr.is/kannanir/fyrirtaeki-arsins-2020/fyrirtaeki-arsins-2020/