In the past few years the cloud has established itself as an essential business infrastructure. According to Techaisle’s study on cloud computing adoption, companies that have an IT infrastructure and use cloud computing are more successful than their less tech-savvy competitors. In specific, small and medium businesses that transition to cloud-based management systems experience significant cost savings, as well as a boost in productivity and visibility. Many business owners are tempted by the cloud, but unsure about the change. Many are wondering: is jumping on the cloud is the right step for me? To help you with your decision, we have compiled a list of the benefits that a cloud-based retail software system can bring to your fashion business.
1. Business continuityA cloud-based system can be a key player in your business continuity strategy. As the system constantly synchronizes the data with the cloud, you can rely on a constantly up-to-date backup of your critical business data. This means greater resilience even in adverse circumstances – for example in cases of power loss, or hardware breakdown. Our tip: Use reliable cloud services, so you can be sure that your data will always be secure and available. LS Express, our newest cloud-based retail system, runs on Azure, Microsoft‘s business cloud. By using a trustworthy cloud provider you can stay assured that your business’s critical data and infrastructure will be handled securely and optimally.
2. Faster deploymentCloud-based applications do not require you to acquire and install infrastructure. This means that there is no need for a team of consultants or IT experts to help you set up the system. You can do everything yourself, and be up and running in hours, rather than months. Our tip: By using an out-of-the-box system, you can save a lot of time and resources. Customizations can be complex, costly and time-consuming affairs. Ready-to-run solutions already include all the features you need, enabling you to be operational immediately.
3. Quickly accessed, up-to-date informationWhen your business data is safely stored in the cloud, you can access it anytime you want, wherever you are. You only need an internet connection and a browser – and you can keep track of your business. As the system constantly syncs information to the cloud, you can also be sure that the data and reports you access are always updated in real time. Our tip: As the data is instantly updated, you can be immediately aware of situations that need your attention in the store, no matter where you are. This increased speed of information can become a critical advantage, as it enables you to respond quickly to volatility in consumer demand.
4. Flexibility to scaleWith a cloud-based software solution, it is much easier to expand or contract services as need arises. The fashion business is subject to high peaks and contractions throughout the year; software as a Service (SaaS) enables you to grow your IT capacities quickly, just by signing up for more POS, without having to own extra infrastructure. Our tip: Fashion retailers can experience very rapid growth if the right product hits the market. Be prepared for increased sales, and even expansion, by going for a software solution that is designed to grow with you. A cloud-based retail system like LS Express allows you to expand your configuration by easily adding Points of Sale.
5. Manageable cost structureSaaS is usually available with a monthly or yearly subscription pricing. This means that the system has little to no upfront costs for the retailer. As cloud-based solutions generally carry a lower total costs of ownership than on premise solutions, they are ideal for smaller retailers, as well as for retailers who do not require extensive customizations. Our tip: A software with a predictable cost structure can help streamline your budget. LS Express’s fixed monthly fee includes onboarding, data back-ups and also software upgrades.
6. Always using latest tech
Many businesses lag behind because they use outdated technology, which is hard to integrate to new system, and doesn’t support their business needs any longer. When you use Software as a Service, it is up to your vendor to manage and update the infrastructure, so you can be sure that your system is always up-to-date with minimum effort. Our tip: Choose a product from a trusty vendor, who can guarantee continuous delivery of updates, and support in case of need. With a product like LS Express, based on Microsoft technology and delivered by a company that has been developing retail software for 20 years, you can rest assured that you are always using cutting-edge technology that helps you be the best in business. If you need further information on what a cloud-based complete software solution can do for your apparel business, do not hesitate to contact us.