In line with trends in the aviation industry and business orientation, Adria Airways decided to offer a SkyShop on board of their flights, selling snacks, drinks and additional services for the comfort of its passengers. This new service was supported by a strong business system: MS Dynamics NAV and LS Nav.
The solution is efficient and cost effective, and can also work in off-line mode.
In addition, thanks to the LS Nav software solution, SkyShop Adria could offer also Duty Free purchases easily and quickly.
Prior to the introduction of this business management system, the company used handwritten invoices and all sales figures were entered manually in their financial system. Now, instead, they can sell all services including the Duty Free using tablet computers and mobile printers and the transactions are automatically synced with the financial system, which is now one fully integrated solution.
With the introduction of new solutions, the company achieved:
- Increased productivity and efficiency of employees
- Quick and easy implementation of the sales process
- Strong link between the back- and front-of-office’s operations
- Lower operating costs
- Easy to use retail interface, which translates into low training cost and reduced human errors
- Multiple options to upgrade and extend the system in the future or as the business grows
- Increased sales on airplanes
- Possibility of planning and replenishing goods easily and quickly
- Clear overview of the best-selling items as well as stock optimization
Adria Airways is already looking ahead and is already looking into new opportunities in their retail business. In the future, they would like to develop a solution that connects passenger, passenger’s purchases and a flight number just over a scanner ticket. Information obtained will be used to create tailored offers.