We have just released LS One 2020.1, the latest version of Point of Sale and back-office solution LS One. Since LS One 2020 was released in July, the LS One team has been developing extra functionality to enhance the system. They have put special focus on extending the capabilities for restaurants and food service businesses.
Streamline ordering and communication with a connected Kitchen Display System (KDS)
The Kitchen Display System (KDS) is a digital order viewer that replaces paper tickets and printers in a restaurant kitchen. A KDS has become an essential component in a modern kitchen, as it helps organize and streamline work:
- No more stained, hard-to-read paper tickets: all orders are displayed on screens, clear and tidy.
- No need for servers to waste time running from the front to the kitchen and back: all communication between kitchen and front (orders, items, their preparation status) goes through your POS system.
- Items and orders are automatically routed and displayed at the proper food preparation stations.
- Items are shown on the screens by production order, so kitchen staff can start and complete preparation timely.
- Kitchen staff can bump dishes to different stations, or mark orders and items as ready.
- The Kitchen Display System and the POS are connected via a two-way communication system. Front-of-house staff can see the status of orders at the POS, and make sure all dishes are delivered to the guests at the right time.
- You can add screens and set up specific automations to follow your kitchen’s flow.
In the past, to connect a KDS to LS One you needed to do your own integration. From this version of LS One onwards, you can use your LS One POS system with the LS Retail Kitchen Display System. The systems are connected out of the box, no extra work needed.
Your server takes the order at the POS. When they send the order to the kitchen, the items are automatically routed to the KDS in the correct kitchen station (for example, the grill station versus the sauté or dessert station), and displayed in the right order of production.
When a guest asks “When is my dish coming?” front-of-house staff can check at the POS the status of the order, and update the table. Easy, quick, and professional.
Sell groups of items easily with assembly items
It’s now easier than ever before to sell multiple items at once – for example, as a gift basket. In LS One you can now create “assembly items” by combining different items into one. The options are endless:
- Set up deals (or meal deals, if you run a restaurant or café)
- Create hampers and gift baskets
- Make bills of materials
- Set up recipes, managing the ingredients as separate items
- Assemble supply kits
Do you run a chain, and want to differentiate your offering across locations?
You can vary the list of component items between locations, and easily substitute products or ingredients as needed. For example, your holiday hamper can include Gouda cheese, instead of brie, in some of your store locations.
You can set a special price for the final item, or add up the prices of the items that compose it – your choice. If you want, you can also display the list of components on the POS receipt, on the printed receipt, and on kitchen orders – or you can hide it.
The integration to SAP Business One ERP just keeps on getting better
Since we introduced the out-of-the-box integration between LS One and ERP SAP Business One, more and more businesses have moved from other POS solutions to LS One. Using their valuable feedback, we have been working on the integration to make it even more immediate and seamless.
- You can now add a U.S. tax setup when you create a customer on the POS
- The login service layer is more intuitive and quicker
- We have added tax synchronization for specific localizations
- You can now easily connect to different versions of SAP Business One HANA
More enhancements to come as the LS One team keeps on ironing out the wrinkles.
Endlessly enhancing LS One
We are continuously working on improving LS One in terms of functionality, speed and simplicity. Some highlights from this release:
- You can now add the company’s country information
- Discount calculations are way faster than before
- We have redesigned the “send to station” and “menu type selection” dialogs (restaurant-specific functionality)
- The kitchen printing/send to station functionality is now fast and seamless (restaurant-specific).
You can find more enhancements and fixes in the release notes. And as usual, more improvements are ahead as the team keeps on working to make LS One the best POS in the industry.
If you have any comments, suggestions, or ideas for us, get in touch!