Frontier Co aims to be the home of fashion lifestyle brands, and boasts strategic partnerships with iconic local and international retailers such as Guess, Aldo, Kipling, Steve Madden and Call it Spring.
A market leader in retail, Frontier Co runs over 1000 combined outlets including physical retail stores, digital stores, wholesalers and warehousing.
With Covid-19, fashion retailers were forced to scale down and accommodate for reduced foot traffic and decreased customer buying power. With so much focus on health, safety and financial prudence, fashion and lifestyle were the last things on many previously loyal consumers’ minds.
As a result, Frontier Co found itself researching new methods of attaining their business goals and potential. The brand required innovative technology to stay ahead of their competition. They needed an ERP system and software upgrade, and started looking for a single unified system, to eliminate the complexity of using multiple systems to run a singular business. They also needed a solution that would facilitate timely, informed and accurate decisions based on data received from the different branches.
Frontier Co’s objectives were clear and concise:
- Streamline business operational processes
- Effectively implement more efficient communication from head office to the stores
- Maximize each individual retailer’s (business unit) ability to service customers
- Help purchase and allocate inventory based on location, stock quantity, pricing and support
“We came to the point where we realized our current systems ceased to add value to our business model and that we had to implement a new solution as efficiently as possible” says Willem Wait, Chief Information Officer at Frontier Co.
The company made it clear they needed an ERP solution that could support applications crucial to the daily business such as Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
Frontier Co contacted IT technology firm Braintree by Vox, with whom they had a well-established working relationship, and asked them to find a solution that aligned with their requirements. After a full evaluation of the company’s KPIs and organizational needs, Frontier Co selected LS Central, based on several elements:
- LS Central is a complete, all-in-one retail software.
- It extends Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central, Microsoft’s #1 ERP solution, to a global audience.
- It brings together financials (the Microsoft ERP), Point of Sale (POS), store operations, supply chain management, inventory, eCommerce, and customer loyalty into a single, unified platform.
- It allowed Frontier Co to reduce complication by eliminating the need for multiple software that only perform singular separate functions.
Frontier Co’s primary concerns were resources, timelines, HR availability and minimization of the knock-on effects incurred from a change in systems. With this in mind, Braintree decided upon a phased, multi-layered approach as the ideal implementation strategy. “Our previous solution consisted of multiple software vendors that each had to be integrated and maintained, making it very difficult to manage and resolve problems.
With LS Central we can manage all areas of our business end to end, not only improving data relevancy, but also query handling and information oversight” says Willem Wait.
Braintree also leaned on lessons learned via implementation of similar retail outlets. This experience helped them realize Frontier Co’s brand vision and bring the brand closer towards their KPI’s and business targets.
The implementation yielded immensely positive results, exceeding Frontier Co’s expectations. The transition proved easy, efficient and effective for all parties involved.
LS Central has brought the company several benefits:
- Business processes unified across channels, industries and regions
- Stock levels/ allocation across stores is better aligned to customer demand
- Head office can easily send prices, offers and campaigns to individual retailers
- Improved in-store customer experience at store level
- Reduced system administration and integration costs
- Better informed, timely, and accurate decisions based on reliable data
The collaboration between Braintree, Frontier Co and LS Central proved an ideal combination. Today, Frontier Co has processes and applications that far surpass their past experience. Frontier Co is geared for many more years of growth, successful operations and success even in the midst of challenging retail times.
Our previous solution consisted of multiple software vendors that each had to be integrated and maintained, making it very difficult to manage and resolve problems. With LS Central we can manage all areas of our business end to end, not only improving data relevancy, but also query handling and information oversight.Willem Wait, CIO I.T Shared Services