Consumer electronics retail giant streamlines its business processes with the implementation of LS Retail
LS Retail transforms the functioning of business at Digital Shoppy. An expanding business, Digital Shoppy was faced with the problem of managing increasing numbers of stores without a sound ERP implementation to control the business transactions. Deploying LS Retail has done away with the confusion of amalgamating functions of all stores and has helped in the consolidation of all data.
Digital Shoppy is India's fastest growing Consumer Electronics, Home appliances, Computers and Communication devices retail chain, spread across 33 centers in Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu. Established in the year 1998, Digital Shoppy is owned by Pratyankara Electronics Pvt. Ltd, the brain child of Mr. A. Mahesh Raju.
Digital Shoppy presents the consumers with widest range of National and International brands of Consumer Electronics, Home appliances, Computers and Communication devices. Some of the major leading brands it deals in are – Acer, Black and Decker, BPL, Canon, Godrej, HCL, HP, IFB, Lenovo, LG, Motorola, Murphy Richards, Nokia, Onida, Panasonic, Philips, Preethi, Samsung, Sansui, Sharp, Sony, Toshiba, Usha, Videocon, Whirlpool, Xerox.
Digital Shoppy is focused on creating an unparalleled customer experience driven by passion, honesty and dependability. Digital Shoppy helps customers have fun while they explore electronics in depth. Specific zones for mobiles, gaming, digital imaging, office electronics and domestic gadgets make the shopping experience quick, lively and convenient. A full service backup for after sales reinforces total commitment to 100% customer satisfaction.
Why the LS Retail Journey
With the growing number of stores in a short period of time Digital Shoppy, found it extremely challenging to manage stores individually with out the support of an ERP solution. This instigated Pratyankara Electronics Pvt. Ltd.,to implement an international solution that has been implemented internationally and would be capable of handling more locations with minimum investment. The immediate requirement was to integrate the POS billing with the back-end ERP.
- Data replication and consolidation, in an environment where stores are geographically spread across India
- Database management for each store & HO with the increasing number of stores
Results in Brief
Digital Shoppy set-up ranged from a single store with one POS to a complex, multi-store environment and needed LS Nav to integrate with overall business operation.
LS Nav is built on Microsoft Dynamics NAV; therefore, the POS, back office and head office all use the same application. This makes it possible to track individual transactions from the POS to the General Ledger, which maximized business value and efficiency for Digital Shoppy stores
- Cost reduction, Savings, Increase in product performance, Targets vs. Achievements, increase in ROI to both the customer and his clients etc.
- Increase in Customer Satisfaction, etc (To both the customer and his clients), usable for CRM & Analysis purposes.
Approach & Unique Features
“We wanted to keep our business processes simple and well defined and wanted to utilize the software in an effective manner. Therefore, customizations were minimized at all levels. Moreover best practices of Retail business with respect to application of software were implemented.”
as stated by Mr. N.V. Ramakrishna, IT Manager, Digital Shoppy.
- LS Retail has POS billing which is integrated internally with Microsoft Dynamics NAV (ERP).
- Less customization is required. All required functionalities (like discounts customer price groups, item price groups etc.) for Retail industry are available in LS Retail.
- LS Retail caters to the need of Data Consolidation with Replication Technology in the central server. This implies, all the transactions at the store can be replicated at Head Office and item prices, offers and Discounts and other functionalities can be controlled centrally.
- LS Retail is easy to train on. Training is very critical in retail scenario where there is lot of manpower
- Most importantly, LS Retail is suitable for Digital Shoppy, who is coming up with multiple chains of stores. Installation and Training needs to be fast to match up to the business goals of the organization.
Since we needed the implementation to be done in a very short span of time, we chose DVS and Tectura as implementation partners. They provided us with the right technical and functional consultancy, knowledge of application and their experience in Retail implementation helped Digital Shoppy have a smooth implementation process. The consultancy and knowledge of industry domain was what we were looking for apart from an internationally proven solution.
We analyzed many ERPs in the market, keeping in mind the cost estimates for implementation and customization, and settled with LS Retail, finding it appropriate to our industry. LS Retail has made it easier to synchronize data between Head Office & stores, through the implementation of Replication Scheduler and Data Director. Most of the POS (Point of sale) features proved to be a straight fit with Digital Shoppy's requirement.