Microsoft NAV addresses all these needs. It is an ERP solution which offers ease of use, quick implementation, and the power to support all the present and future needs of a thriving business. More than 100.000 customers, through 3500 partners worldwide, have already chosen NAV as their ERP solution. The success of Microsoft NAV as a business tool can be credited to its constant upgrading, which has enabled it to remain state of the art while changing alongside a changing world. The present and immediate future of NAV shows a roadmap where the focus is on flexibility, on enhancing ease of use and on offering continued support to businesses world-wide.
Some steps in the recent and future roadmap:
- Since 2013, NAV can be integrated with Office 365 environment, thus offering greater inter-operability and flexibility to businesses.
- The upcoming version of NAV, “Crete”, is expected for fall 2014. It will feature a simplified user interface, to facilitate new and casual users, and it will be available on multiple devices and operating systems.
- Microsoft will shorten its release cycle: the plan is for a new NAV release a year for the foreseeable (and unforeseeable) future.
- Future releases will be quick to implement and easy to use.
- Support tools will be available for both cloud and on-premise users, and for both windows and web clients.
The strategy powering the NAV solutions revolves around
- Substantial investments in research and development
- The Microsoft core principle of “mobile first, cloud first”, in the words of Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella
- A stress on moving with the times, remaining state of the art
- A focus on offering solutions that allow users to do business all over the world: the focus is global before local
- A desire to offer SMB the most appropriate and fitting solutions for their needs